Senior Software Engineer
Posted on January 22, 2024
At Syndica, big things happen. Every day, weâre translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, and youâll experience firsthand the infectious enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team. Youâll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in crypto.
We are backed by strategic partners, investors, and advisors who are all-in on our mission: Chamath of Social Capital, Coinbase Ventures, Solana Ventures, and many more.
This role will have the accountability of designing, implementing, and operating Syndicaâs blockchain infrastructure platform. Zig, C, C++, or Rust knowledge is a necessity! The team operates with a ârun what you writeâ philosophy and each engineer is responsible for deploying and operating the code they write.
A successful candidate must have demonstrable experience in at least one programming language (Zig, C, C++ or Rust), and previous work in SaaS application development and operations. You will be responsible to ensure the environment is built, configured, and monitored correctly to support the business. The ideal candidate will also have prior experience developing applications utilizing cloud for infra.
As a Senior Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in designing and implementing a high-performance Solana validator client from scratch. You will have the opportunity to leverage your expertise in distributed systems and blockchain technology to create an efficient and robust RPC interface. The ideal candidate is passionate about optimizing performance, and has a deep understanding of Solana's architecture, and possesses coding skills in languages such as C, C++, Rust, or Zig. If you are a talented engineer who thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, and you're excited about contributing to the advancement of Solana's ecosystem, we would love to hear from you.
- 3+ years of related professional experience using C, C++, or Rust (or Zig project experience)
- Demonstrated experience learning new technologies and shifting direction with changing trends
- Experience with alerting and monitoring tools is plus
- Experience working in a highly distributed company is a plus
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Central Time Zone - UTC -6
- Systematic problem-solving approach, combined with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Some working knowledge of web and network protocols and standards (HTTP, TLS, DNS, etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience
- Drive features from inception to completion: architecture, implementation, instrumentation, testing, and monitoring
- Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware to operating environment, network, and application
- Explore opportunities to improve the efficiency, reliability, and security of the Solana validator client.
- Participate in technical discussions, sharing insights, and contributing to open-source projects related to Solana
- Troubleshoot and solve platform issues, ensuring that SLAs are met
- Collaborate with other engineers to implement solutions while defining and adhering to industry best practices
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in Solana's ecosystem and incorporate new features and enhancements into the validator client.
- Write beautiful maintainable code
What does success in this role look like?
- In three months, you have become one of our core Zig developers. Youâll have taken on independent code review responsibilities and are collaborating on the design of new features
- In six months, you have earned the trust of the team and are delivering tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development with minimal guidance, and are helping to effectively mentor new engineers joining the team
- In twelve months, you have established a cadence of predictable, on-time delivery without cutting corners
Want to stand out?
We believe in the potential of individuals who are eager to grow in this field. For those looking to stand out from other applicants, open a pull request to the Sig project with a contribution and share it in the application form. To learn more about what weâre building, read here: https://blog.syndica.io/introducing-sig-by-syndica-an-rps-focused-solana-validator-client-written-in-zig/
Please mention the word **MERIT** and tag RMzQuMjM3LjEzOS44Nw== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMjM3LjEzOS44Nw==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.